College of Chapters attendees spent the morning taking guided tours of VMI and the Sigma Nu Headquarters Shrine. Here Roanoke, Va.-based photographer David Hungate follows a group of West Coast students visiting Lexington for the first time.
1. Attendees walk the 65 yards from the commemorative marker to the founding site on the VMI Parade Ground.
2. College of Chapters attendees walk by VMI’s Preston Library.
3. The VMI admissions office, formerly an early meeting place of Sigma Nu’s Alpha Chapter.
4. Leadership Consultant Tyler Richter gives a tour of the founding marker on the VMI Parade Ground.
5. Students walk from the founding location towards the Old Barracks where James Frank Hopkins lived as a cadet.
6. One student touches a piece of the limestone outcropping that was moved from the VMI Parade Ground to the front of the Headquarters Shrine.
7. Photographing The Rock.
8. Touring the Sigma Nu Headquarters Museum.
9. Leadership Consultant Travis Galloway guides a group through the Hall of Honor, the highest distinction that can be bestowed upon a brother in Sigma Nu based on service to the fraternity.
10. The Commander’s throne in the Alpha Room at Headquarters.
11. A line of the Creed on display above the entrance to the Honor Library.
12. Regent Joe Francis offers remarks in VMI’s Jackson Memorial Hall.
13. VMI’s Jackson Memorial Hall.